The quickest way to ruin a hot summertime afternoon is for your a/c unit to go out! If your air conditioning unit stops working and you need service now, Air Now Heating and Air Conditioning has you covered.
Common Air Conditioner Problems
As your local HVAC specialist we have seen every sort of A/C problem you can think of. A few of the most common reasons customers call us are:
● Air conditioning will not come on.
● Air conditioner is making weird sounds or loud vibrations when it is running.
● A/c is blowing warm air.
● The system comes on, but no air comes out.
● The fan runs, however the air isn’t cooled.
● Water is leaking from or pooling around the system.
If your air conditioning system requires instant service, call (801)784-6343 for our emergency air conditioning repair services.
Searching For Air Conditioner Repair Near Me? Locate Your Local Air Now Heating and Air Conditioning Office & Make an Appointment Today!
Why Is My Air Conditioning Not Working?
It’s easy to know that your cooling is not working, however how can you know what has caused the problem and what you need to do about repairing it? These are the most likely culprits of the issue and an idea of how you or we can fix them and get your AC up and running again.
- The air conditioning will not turn on– This means that the system is not getting any power. It might appear apparent but the first thing that you should do is examine to make sure that you have not tripped a breaker. You can reset the breaker yourself by flipping the switch, however if the breaker trips again soon, you will want to call a service technician for support. If the problem is not the breaker, it could be faulty wiring or an overheated AC. An overheated Air Conditioner will typically shut itself down as a security feature. Although it may come back on when it cools down, this is not a long term fix, and you should really still call a service technician to identify the initial issue so that it does not continue to cause problems.
- The a/c unit’s fan belt is worn out or about to break– That squealing noise you hear is likely the fan belt, and this is an indication that it is wearing out. If the belt breaks before a repair is finished, the job will end up being significantly more expensive and time consuming. Your AC system will not run with a broken belt and it will have to be repaired.
- Your system has a refrigerant leak– If your HVAC system is making a hissing sound, then it is most likely that the refrigerant is leaking. This is an ecological threat, and it will keep your system from supplying you with the coolest air possible. Our technicians will stop the leak and recharge your system so everything is back in good working order.
- You have a frozen evaporator coil– Numerous things can trigger a frozen evaporator coil, including low refrigerant level, consistent operation, and poor flow. This will cause your a/c to blow warm air. Turn off your system and get in touch with a professional for appropriate diagnosis and repair.
- The fan motor isn’t coming on– Without the fan operating properly, air will not circulate. Sometimes an HVAC tech can repair an A/C motor, however frequently a replacement is required.
- The compressor is defective– If the unit comes on and the fan runs, however the air doesn’t feel cool, this is likely a problem with your compressor. Because the compressor is a very pricey part of an Air Conditioner system, you might want to explore a replacement option.
- The condensate drain has become clogged– The condensate drain frequently becomes blocked due to a build up of mold, dirt or pests. In time this can lead to leaks and even water damage. Our experts can flush the line to clear the problem or replace it if damage has already taken place.
When Should I Replace My Air Conditioner?
If you are trying to choose whether you should really repair or replace your existing Air Conditioner unit, here are a couple of things to consider:
How old is your air conditioning system?
A troublesome air conditioner system that is more than ten years old will be more costly to fix and will need to be repaired much more frequently to keep running well. At this age, you really should switch out your existing unit.
Does it provide an excellent ROI (Return On Investment)?
If you want to know just how much a system can help in reducing your monthly expenses or you aren’t sure what the ROI would be for a new system, one of our professional service technicians can help you understand all of the implications of installing a brand-new system including how much upkeep costs and how it will impact your month-to-month energy expenses.
Preventative Maintenance and Repair For Your Air Conditioner
Air Now Heating and Air Conditioning offers top of the line tune-ups, routine maintenance, repairs, replacement and installation of all types of a/c systems. Visit us online and get an estimate or schedule service today!