Setting up routine hvac maintenance in Ogden, UT is necessary. There are considerable benefits for your cooling system when you get a routine air conditioner tune-up. Your unit will be more reliable, more effective and have an extended lifespan. It might even give you a cost savings of more than 30% on your energy bills! Plus, it is necessary to keep your manufacturer’s warranty valid should catastrophe strike and you require it. If you start to feel like your a/c isn’t as cold as it used to be, it’s time to arrange a service call.
Tune-Ups Add Years to Your Air Conditioner’s Life
Do not get burned this summer season, beat the scorching temperatures with a Seasonal Tune-Up from Air Now Heating and Air Conditioning
During a tune-up, one of the first things that our service technicians will do is examine your entire system to make certain that everything is in proper working order. Air Now Heating and Air Conditioning experts will clean up and inspect the critical areas of your system and check all of the unit’s connections. These are some particular items that our technicians will attend to during a tune-up:
- Electrical connections: We tighten all electrical connections so the system runs securely.
- Moving parts: We make sure that there is no rubbing or friction in between moving parts and add lubrication where needed. When parts are not lubricated correctly, the friction caused can damage your system and cause excessive wear and tear.
- Condensate drain line: Mold and blockages can build up in this line and that can cause leaks. We make sure the line is clean and draining appropriately.
- Condenser coil and evaporator coil: Dirt on the condenser coil or evaporator coil will limit airflow and minimize the ability to take in heat. We clean the coils to prevent these concerns.
- Coil fins: Coil fins are made from aluminum and they can end up being bent which restricts air circulation. We will correct those so air flows efficiently again.
- System controls: Our professionals will check all of our system controls to make sure that they are working properly.
As a property owner, there are some things that you can do on your own to help your heating and cooling system perform at its very best:
- Replace the air filter: You ought to replace the air filter every two or three months. Doing this will keep the a/c working effectively. If you are a cigarette smoker, have animals, or someone in the house has allergies, you really should consider replacing the filter as often as every 30 days.
- Keep it clean: Do not allow leaves, dirt and other debris to build up on or around your system. Make sure that you keep any nearby shrubs or bushes trimmed. This will help to guarantee good air flow to the system.
Repair work or Replace?
When it comes time to decide whether you wish to repair your existing system or invest in a new one, our service professionals are here to help provide you with all of the related information that you require. Typically, if a system has had to have more than two or three repairs to remain in good working order, it is most likely time to consider a brand-new one. Many experts frequently recommend that if your system is more than five to seven years old, due to advancements in technology and performance, you would still benefit from an upgrade. No solution is right for everybody, so we give you the details and let you choose.
If you have indeed determined that it is time to replace your old HVAC system, or you wish to arrange repair services or a tune-up, check out Air Now Heating and Air Conditioning online or give us a call (801)784-6343.