You don’t wish to get up to a cold house or walk into one after work. Before this happens, you need to examine and assess the condition of your gas heating system. You may discover it’s time for a new furnace set up in Ogden, UT.
Assessing Your Old Gas Furnace
Inspect the Age of the Furnace – If your furnace was there before you transferred in, you need to know how aged it is. Look for the furnace manual or check the furnace for a model number and a production date.
Know Its Energy Efficiency Rating – Basing On the US Energy Star plan, new Energy Star-qualified furnaces can be approximately 15% percent more reliable than a brand-new standard model. The Environmental Protection Agency states that changing your old furnace with an Energy Star gas furnace could spare you over $90 a year in home heating expenses.
Evaluate Its Staying Lifespan. A typical furnace can survive over 20 years. However, if your existing heating system requires frequent repair services and is more than 15 years old, it is time to replace it.
Keep Your Eyes Out for Indications of Gas Heating System Issues
- Eight Indications Your Gas Furnace Has Problems
- Energy bills are going up for no obvious cause
- Your house has uneven heating
- The furnace cycles off and on more frequently than in the past
- Do you have humidity issues in your home
- Your furnace is creating odd sounds like rattling, moaning, or humming
- You find dust, sediment, filth, or corrosion particles coming out of the furnace vents
- There are noticeable signs of rust on the furnace itself
- You see cracks or rust on the furnace elements
If you see any of these indications, call Air Now Heating and Air Conditioning today. We may find that your furnace may need a quick repair service, a new filtering system, or a new thermostat to make it work correctly.
Find Out the Furnace’s AFUE Rating. AFUE means yearly fuel utilization effectiveness. It is a rating that shows how effectively your furnace works under normal circumstances. If the AFUE is lower than 8%, it is time to replace your gas furnace with a more efficient model. An extremely high-efficiency heating system can rank as high as 97% effectiveness.
To get more information, contact a qualified HVAC provider in Ogden, UT today. They can evaluate your present system and determine if you require a new furnace installation in Ogden, UT.