With summer approaching, you may be thinking of switching on your ac system for the first time this year. If so, you’re not alone. In fact, many individuals turn their ac on for the first time just as warm weather hits.
But that’s a mistake. You really should turn on your ac system before the warm weather hits. That way you’ll know if there’s a problem with it and have time to repair it before you need it most.
By the end of spring, your air conditioner has been off for months. It’s not uncommon for it to experience problems when you turn it back on again, especially if there are any little issues that happened when you turned it off last year.
If you discover a problem just as warm weather hits, you’ll have few options for fixing it quickly. Most HVAC specialists will only be able to fit you in at their earliest convenience– which is likely to be a minimum of a week away due to the high demand for AC service in Ogden, UT. that time of year.
However, if you turn your ac system on today, and discover a problem with it, an Air Now Heating and Air Conditioning specialist will be able to fix your unit much more quickly– in some cases even within 24 hours. So why wait!
Here are Some Things to Look At Before You Turn Your AC System on for Summer
Before you call for ac system service in Ogden, UT., there are some things you can do to keep your ac running at optimal performance. Aside from having it serviced twice a year, in spring and fall, here are some other things that you should really look for before firing up your system:
- Change or clean your filter a minimum of every three months
- Clear debris and obstructions from around your system
- Look for indications of leaks or water damage
- Check refrigerant levels
- Remove dirt and leaves from around the outside system
- Ensure vents are clear and unobstructed
- Check your ductwork for leaks or damage (or ask us about our duct testing services)
- Make sure electrical connections are safe and secure
By keeping up with these things you can help your ac system run more efficiently and will ultimately create a more energy energy-efficient home.
5 Things That Could Be Wrong With AC System
There are many reasons why the ac system may not be operating at its best and might require air conditioner service. Here are five of the most common issues:.
- Your unit is low on coolant. The air conditioning requires a specific amount of refrigerant in order to cool the air appropriately. If your air conditioner isn’t cooling, it could be due to the fact that there isn’t adequate refrigerant in the system.
- Your condenser coils are dirty. The condenser coil is a vital part of the ac system, so it is essential that you keep it clean. Dirt and debris can stop your system from working efficiently.
- Your air filter is clogged. An unclean or clogged up air filter will decrease airflow and make it harder for your system to cool your home.
- Your fan motor is broken. The fan motor inside your outdoor system might be broken if your outdoor system keeps running but does not blow any air through the vents inside your house.
- You have an electrical issue. Electricity needs to flow freely in order for the air conditioner to work properly, so if something is amiss with your electrical components, you may need an electrician to repair it before you can get back to enjoying a cool, comfortable home.
If you find you require professional ac system service in Ogden, UT., don’t hesitate to call Air Now Heating and Air Conditioning. We are readily available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to get your air conditioning up and running in no time.
In Need of AC Service in Ogden, UT? Call Air Now Heating and Air Conditioning
You should switch on your ac system for the same reason you ‘d switch on any major home appliance: simply because you want to ensure it works properly before you actually need it.
If everything seems to be in order, excellent! You can simply set your thermostat where you really need it and begin enjoying cool indoor temperatures while you anticipate warmer weather to show up in full force. If there are problems, however, catching them early means you’ll have a sufficient amount of time to get them taken care of before they end up being more serious.
Preventative measures are always better than waiting until there’s an issue to address. This is particularly true when it concerns something as essential as your home’s heating & cooling system. Call Air Now Heating and Air Conditioning at (801) 784-6343, and let us help you get your air conditioning ready for summertime.