Upgrading or installing a heating and cooling unit is a major investment. Make sure you put in the time to do your research and consider your options. Not all a/c systems are the same. You will need to take notice of which unit will give you the very best effectiveness, and be the ideal size and type for your house and requirements. Likewise look to make sure that there are no local or state energy laws or tax breaks that may influence when you upgrade your air conditioning unit and what design you select to replace it with. Make certain you have a reliable expert to install your cooling unit, too. It is too large of an investment to get wrong.
Switching Out an Air Conditioning Unit
There are numerous things that you will want to consider when you upgrade your a/c system because it is a significant purchase and it does impact your day to day way of life. Here are just a couple:
- Your location: The basic environment where you live, consisting of things like humidity, standard temperature, and overall basic climate affect the size, type, and financial worth of the heating and cooling system that you choose and it’s effectiveness.
- Your existing system: It may be simpler to have a system structured like your present system when it pertains to fit and structural changes. For instance, if you have not had ductwork in the past, you may wish to avoid a system that would entail the time and expense of putting in ductwork now.
Types of A/C Systems
There are many types of A/C systems available on the market today:
- Split system and package ACs: These are the standard central air conditioners you are likely used to.
- Ductless mini-splits: These are best for houses that do NOT have ductwork.
- Window and/or Wall units: These are built to cool a single space or area.
- Evaporative coolers (swamp coolers): Evaporation removes heat with these models and they work best for homes in dry climates.
Advantages of Energy Efficiency
No matter which type of AC you choose, you need to still consider its energy effectiveness, and here’s why:
- Energy cost savings: An AC is normally responsible for over 50% of summertime energy bills An upgrade to a more energy efficient design will decrease your cooling costs by as much as 30%!
- A more comfortable house: The same energy efficiency that cuts your energy expenses and use will also keep you more comfortable. Did you realize that energy saving features such as a variable-speed blower motor or scroll compressors that are more efficient also work to cool the area off faster. This will offer you far superior comfort on the summertime’s hottest days.
- Being environmentally friendly: Lowering energy intake has its advantages for your spending plan and comfort, but it likewise keeps the environment clean by minimizing emissions.
Heating And Cooling Installation
If your home has never had a heating and cooling system previously, we can help you to install one for the very first time. Bear in mind that if you have actually never had air conditioning, depending upon the style that you choose, you may require to have extra work, such as installation of ductwork, for your system to run. Our professional service technicians can help direct you through this process and get your system up and running.
When you want to update your air conditioner unit, Air Now Heating and Air Conditioning is here to serve you. Give us a call at (385)244-2433. We will respond to all of your concerns and be more than delighted to offer you a quote.