The quickest way to mess up a hot summertime afternoon is for your air conditioning system to go out! If your a/c unit quits and you need service now, Air Now Heating and Air Conditioning has you covered.
Common Air Conditioner Problems
As your local HVAC expert we have actually seen every kind of Air Conditioning issue you can think of. Some of the most common reasons customers call us are:
- Air conditioning won’t come on.
- Air conditioner is making odd noises or loud vibrations when it is running.
- A/c is blowing warm air.
- The system comes on, however no air comes out.
- The fan runs, but the air isn’t cooled.
- Water is dripping from or pooling around the system.
If your air conditioning system needs instant service, call (385)244-2433 for our emergency Air Conditioning repair services.
Trying To Find Air Conditioner Repair Near Me? Find Your Local Air Now Heating and Air Conditioning Office & Make an Appointment Today!
Why Is My Air Conditioning Not Working?
It’s easy to understand that your cooling is not working, however how can you know what has caused the issue and what you need to do about repairing it? These are the most likely offenders of the issue and an idea of how you or we can repair them and get your Air Conditioning up and running again.
- The cooling will not turn on– This suggests that the system is not getting any power. It may appear obvious but the first thing that you need to do is examine to ensure that you have not tripped a breaker. You can reset the breaker yourself by turning the switch, however if the breaker trips again shortly, you will need to call a service repairman for assistance. If the problem is not the breaker, it could be faulty wiring or an overheated AC. An overheated A/C will typically shut itself down as a security feature. Although it might come back on when it cools off, this is not a long term solution, and you should really still call a service technician to detect the initial problem so that it does not continue to overheat.
- The air conditioner’s fan belt is worn out or about to break– That squealing sound you hear is likely the fan belt, and this is an indication that it is wearing out. If the belt breaks before a repair is completed, the task will end up being significantly more pricey and time consuming. Your Air Conditioning system will not run with a damaged belt and it will need to be repaired.
- Your system has a refrigerant leak– If your HVAC system is making a hissing noise, then it is most likely that the refrigerant is leaking. This is an ecological danger, and it will keep your system from supplying you with the coolest air possible. Our technicians will stop the water leak and charge your system so every single thing is back in good working order.
- You have a frozen evaporator coil– Many things can trigger a frozen evaporator coil, including low refrigerant level, continuous operation, and bad circulation. This will trigger your air conditioner to blow warm air. Shut off your system and contact a professional for proper diagnosis and repair.
- The fan motor isn’t turning on– Without the fan operating properly, air will not flow. Sometimes an HVAC tech can fix an AC motor, but usually a replacement is needed.
- The compressor is defective– If the unit comes on and the fan runs, but the air does not feel cool, this is likely a concern with your compressor. Since the compressor is a very pricey part of an AC system, you might want to check out a replacement solution.
- The condensate drain has become blocked– The condensate drain typically becomes blocked due to a build up of mold, dirt or insects. Over time this can result in leaks and even water damage. Our professionals can flush the line to clear the issue or replace it if damage has already occurred.
When Should I Replace My Air Conditioner?
If you are attempting to choose whether you should really repair or upgrade your existing A/C unit, here are a couple of things to consider:
How old is your a/c system?
A problematic a/c system that is more than ten years old will be more costly to fix and will need to be repaired increasingly more frequently to keep running well. At this age, you really should replace your existing unit.
Does it provide a good ROI (Return On Investment)?
If you would like to know just how much a system can help in reducing your regular monthly costs or you aren’t sure what the ROI would be for a brand-new system, one of our expert service technicians can help you understand all of the implications of installing a brand-new system consisting of just how much maintenance expenses and how it will affect your monthly energy bills.
Preventative Maintenance and Repair For Your Air Conditioner
Air Now Heating and Air Conditioning offers top of the line tune-ups, routine maintenance, repairs, replacement and installation of all types of a/c systems. Visit us online and get an estimate or schedule service today!