With summer approaching, you may be thinking about switching on your a/c for the very first time this year. If so, you’re not alone. In fact, many individuals turn their a/c system on for the first time just as warm weather hits.
However, that’s a mistake. You should really turn on your air conditioner before the warm weather hits. That way you’ll know if there’s a problem with it and have time to fix it before you need it most.
By the end of spring, your a/c system has been off for months. It’s not uncommon for it to encounter issues when you turn it back on again, specifically if there are any small problems that happened when you turned it off last year.
If you discover an issue just as warm weather hits, you’ll have few options for fixing it quickly. Many HVAC service technicians will only be able to fit you in at their earliest convenience– which is likely to be a minimum of a week away due to the high demand for air conditioning service in Centerville, UT that time of year.
However, if you turn your a/c system on right now, and discover a problem with it, an Air Now Heating and Air Davis County specialist will be able to fix your unit far more quickly– in many cases even within 24 hours. So why wait!
Here are Some Things to Check Before You Turn Your A/C System on for Summer
Before you call for a/c service in Centerville, UT, there are some things you can do to keep your a/c system running at ideal performance. Aside from having it serviced two times a year, in spring and fall, here are some other things that you should check for before firing up your system:
- Change or clean your filter a minimum of every three months
- Clear debris and obstructions from around your unit
- Look for indications of leaks or water damage
- Check refrigerant levels
- Clear away dirt and leaves from around the outside unit
- Ensure vents are clear and unobstructed
- Inspect your ductwork for leaks or damage (or ask us about our duct testing services)
- Ensure electrical connections are safe and secure
By staying up to date with these things you can help your a/c system run more effectively and will ultimately create a more energy efficient home.
5 Things That Could Be Wrong With Your A/C System.
There are lots of reasons the cooling system may not be operating at its finest and could require a/c service. Here are five of the most common issues:.
- Your system is low on coolant. The AC needs a specific amount of refrigerant in order to cool the air properly. If your a/c system isn’t cooling, it could be because there isn’t adequate refrigerant in the system.
- Your condenser coils are dirty. The condenser coil is a vital part of the cooling system, so it is necessary that you keep it clean. Dirt and debris can stop your unit from working efficiently.
- Your air filter is blocked. A dirty or clogged up air filter will minimize air flow and make it harder for your system to cool your home.
- Your fan motor is broken. The fan motor inside your outdoor unit might be broken if your outdoor system keeps running but doesn’t blow any air through the vents inside your home.
- You have an electrical problem. Electrical power needs to flow freely in order for the a/c system to work adequately, so if something is amiss with your electrical elements, you might need an electrician to fix it before you can return to enjoying a cool, comfortable home.
If you find you need professional air conditioning service in Centerville, UT, don’t hesitate to call Air Now Heating and Air Davis County. We are readily available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to get your air conditioning up and running in no time.
In Need of Air Conditioning Service? Call Air Now Heating and Air Davis County
You should switch on your air conditioner for the exact same reason you ‘d turn on any major home appliance: because you need to ensure it works properly before you actually need it.
If everything seems to be in order, fantastic! You can simply set your thermostat where you really need it and begin enjoying cool indoor temps while you anticipate warmer weather to arrive in full force. If there are issues, however, catching them early means you’ll have a sufficient amount of time to get them taken care of before they become more severe.
Preventative measures are definitely better than waiting until there’s a problem to address. This is particularly true when it comes to something as essential as your home’s heating and cooling system. Call Air Now Heating and Air Davis County at (385) 244-2433. Let us help you get your a/c system all set for summer.