Scheduling annual heating and cooling maintenance in Layton, UT is necessary. There are significant benefits for your cooling system when you get an annual heating and cooling tune-up. Your unit will be more reliable, more effective and have a prolonged lifespan. It could even give you a savings of more than 30% on your energy bills! Plus, it is essential to keep your manufacturer’s warranty valid should disaster strike and you require it. If you start to feel like your air conditioning isn’t as cold as it used to be, it’s time to set up a service call.
Tune-Ups Add Years to Your Air Conditioner’s Life
Don’t get burned this summer season, beat the scorching heat with a Seasonal Tune-Up from Air Now Heating and Air Conditioning
During a tune-up, one of the first things that our specialists will do is examine your entire system to ensure that everything is in appropriate working order. Air Now Heating and Air Conditioning specialists will clean and examine the important areas of your system and examine all of the unit’s connections. These are some specific items that our technicians will resolve during a tune-up:
- Electrical connections: We tighten up all electrical connections so the system runs securely.
- Moving parts: We make sure that there is no rubbing or friction in between moving parts and add lubrication where necessary. When parts are not lubricated correctly, the friction caused can harm your system and cause extreme wear and tear.
- Condensate drain line: Mold and blockages can develop in this line which can cause leaks. We make certain the line is clean and evacuating appropriately.
- Condenser coil and evaporator coil: Dirt on the condenser coil or evaporator coil will limit airflow and minimize the capability to absorb heat. We clean the coils to prevent these concerns.
- Coil fins: Coil fins are made from aluminum and they can end up being bent which limits air circulation. We will correct those so air flows efficiently once again.
- System controls: Our technicians will examine all of our system controls to ensure that they are working correctly.
As a property owner, there are some things that you can do by yourself to help your heating and cooling unit perform at its very best:
- Replace the air filter: You should really replace the air filter every two or three months. Doing this will keep the a/c working effectively. If you are a cigarette smoker, have pets, or someone in the home has allergies, you ought to consider changing the filter as often as every 30 days.
- Keep it clean: Do not allow leaves, dirt and other debris to build up on or around your system. Make certain that you keep any close-by shrubs or bushes trimmed back. This will help to make sure good air flows to the system.
Repair or Replace?
When it comes time to decide whether you wish to fix your existing system or invest in a brand-new one, our service experts are here to help offer you all of the information that you require. Generally, if a system needs to have more than two or three repairs to remain in good working order, it is most likely time to consider a new one. Lots of experts frequently encourage that if your system is more than five to seven years old, due to advancements in technology and efficiency, you would still benefit from an upgrade. No solution is right for everyone, so we provide you with the information and let you decide.
If you have made a decision that it is time to replace your old HVAC system, or you want to arrange repairs or a tune-up, visit Air Now Heating and Air Conditioning online or give us a call (385)350-4114.