The quickest way to ruin a hot summertime afternoon is for your air conditioner to break down! If your a/c unit quits and you need service now, Air Now Heating and Air Conditioning has you covered.
Common Air Conditioner Problems
As your local HVAC specialist we have actually seen every sort of Air Conditioning issue you can think about. A few of the most typical reasons customers call us are:
- Air conditioning will not come on.
- Air conditioner is making odd sounds or loud vibrations when it is running.
- A/c is blowing warm air.
- The system comes on, but no air comes out.
- The fan runs, but the air isn’t cooled.
- Water is dripping from or pooling around the unit.
If your hvac system needs instant service, call (385)350-4114 for our emergency A/C repair services.
Searching For Air Conditioner Repair Near Me? Find Your Local Air Now Heating and Air Conditioning Office & Make an Appointment Today!
Why Is My Air Conditioning Not Working?
It’s simple to understand that your air conditioning is not working, however how can you understand what has caused the problem and what you need to do about repairing it? These are the most likely offenders of the problem and an idea of how you or we can fix them and get your air conditioner up and running once again.
● The air conditioning won’t turn on– This means that the system is not getting any power. It might appear apparent but the first thing that you ought to do is inspect to ensure that you have not tripped a breaker. You can reset the breaker yourself by flipping the switch, however if the breaker trips again quickly, you will need to call a service repairman for assistance. If the issue is not the breaker, it could be malfunctioning wiring or an overheated Air Conditioning. An overheated Air Conditioning will often shut itself down as a security feature. Although it may come back on when it cools off, this is not a long term solution, and you really should still call a professional to identify the initial issue so that it does not continue to overheat.
● The AC system’s fan belt is worn out or ready to break– That screeching noise you hear is most likely the fan belt, and this is an indication that it is wearing out. If the belt breaks before a repair is completed, the job will end up being substantially more costly and time consuming. Your AC system will not run with a damaged belt and it will need to be fixed.
● Your system has a refrigerant leak– If your air conditioner is making a hissing noise, then it is most likely that the refrigerant is leaking. This is an environmental danger, and it will keep your system from supplying you with the coolest air possible. Our technicians will stop the leak and recharge your system so everything is back in good working order.
● You have a frozen evaporator coil– Many things can trigger a frozen evaporator coil, including low refrigerant level, consistent operation, and bad flow. This will cause your air conditioning to blow warm air. Turn off your system and contact a professional for proper diagnosis and repair.
● The fan motor isn’t turning on– Without the fan operating properly, air will not circulate. In some cases an HVAC tech can fix an Air Conditioner motor, but often a replacement is required.
● The compressor is defective– If the system comes on and the fan runs, however the air doesn’t feel cool, this is likely an issue with your compressor. Because the compressor is a very costly part of an A/C system, you may want to check out a replacement solution.
● The condensate drain has become clogged– The condensate drain frequently becomes clogged due to a build up of mold, dirt or pests. With time this can result in water leaks and even water damage. Our specialists can flush the line to clear the issue or replace it if damage has already happened.
When Should I Replace My Air Conditioner?
If you are attempting to choose whether you should really fix or replace your existing AC system, here are a couple of things to consider:
How old is your heating and cooling system?
A troublesome air conditioner system that is more than ten years old will be more expensive to repair and will need to be repaired much more often to keep running well. At this age, you should really replace your existing unit.
Does it offer an excellent ROI (Return On Investment)?
If you want to know how much a system can help in reducing your month-to-month costs or you aren’t sure what the ROI would be for a brand-new system, one of our professional service technicians can help you understand all of the implications of installing a brand-new system including just how much upkeep expenses and how it will affect your monthly energy expenses.
Preventative Maintenance and Repair For Your Air Conditioner
Air Now Heating and Air Conditioning provides top of the line tune-ups, routine upkeep, repairs, replacement and installation of all types of a/c systems. Visit us online and get an estimate or schedule service today!