With summer approaching, you might be thinking about switching on your ac unit for the very first time this year. If so, you’re not alone. In fact, lots of people turn their air conditioning unit on for the first time just as warm weather hits.
But that’s a mistake. You should really turn on your ac unit just before the warm weather hits. That way you’ll know if there’s a problem with it and have time to repair it before you need it most.
By the end of spring, your air conditioning system has been off for months. It’s not unusual for it to encounter issues when you turn it back on once again, especially if there are any small concerns that occurred when you turned it off last year.
If you discover a problem just as warm weather hits, you’ll have few options for fixing it quickly. A lot of HVAC service technicians will only be able to fit you in at their earliest convenience– which is most likely to be at least a week away due to the high demand for AC service in Layton, UT. that time of year.
However, if you turn your ac unit on right now, and discover an issue with it, a Air Now Heating and Air Conditioning service technician will be able to fix your unit much more quickly– in many cases even within 24 hours. So why wait!
Here are Some Things to Look At Before You Turn Your AC Unit on for Summer
Before you call for air conditioning service in Layton, UT, there are some things you can do to keep your ac unit running at ideal performance. Aside from having it serviced two times a year, in spring and fall, here are some other things that you should really look for before firing up your unit:
- Replace or clean your filter at least every three months
- Clear debris and obstructions from around your unit
- Look for indications of leaks or water damage
- Check refrigerant levels
- Clear away dirt and leaves from around the outside system
- Ensure vents are clear and unobstructed
- Look over your ductwork for leaks or damage (or ask us about our duct testing services)
- Make certain electrical connections are safe and secure
By staying up to date with these things you can help your ac unit run more effectively and will ultimately create a more energy efficient home.
5 Things That Could Be Wrong With Your AC Unit
There are lots of reasons why the air conditioning system might not be working at its best and might need air conditioning service. Here are five of the most typical problems:.
- Your system is low on coolant. The air conditioning needs a specific amount of refrigerant in order to cool the air properly. If your air conditioner isn’t cooling, it could be due to the fact that there isn’t adequate refrigerant in the system.
- Your condenser coils are dirty. The condenser coil is an essential part of the ac unit, so it is necessary that you keep it well-maintained. Dirt and debris can stop your system from working efficiently.
- Your air filter is clogged. A dirty or clogged air filter will decrease airflow and make it harder for your system to cool your home.
- Your fan motor is broken. The fan motor inside your outdoor unit might be broken if your outdoor unit keeps running yet doesn’t blow any air through the vents inside your house.
- You have an electrical problem. Electricity needs to flow freely in order for the AC to work adequately, so if something is amiss with your electrical elements, you might need an electrical expert to repair it before you can return to enjoying a cool, comfortable home.
If you find you require professional air conditioning service in Layton, UT, do not hesitate to contact Air Now Heating and Air Conditioning. We are readily available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to get your ac unit up and running in no time.
In Need of AC Service in Layton, UT? Call Air Now Heating and Air Conditioning
You should switch on your air conditioning for the exact same reason you ‘d turn on any major home appliance: simply because you need to make sure it works appropriately before you actually need it.
If everything seems to be in order, excellent! You can simply set your thermostat where you need it and start enjoying cool indoor temperatures while you wait for warmer weather to arrive in full force. If there are problems, however, catching them early means you’ll have a sufficient amount of time to get them taken care of before they become more severe.
Preventative measures are definitely better than waiting until there’s an issue to address. This is particularly true when it concerns something as significant as your home’s cooling and heating system. Call Air Now Heating and Air Conditioning at (385) 350-4114, and let us help you get your ac unit ready for summertime.